Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mildred Pierce

Image From:http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/Groban20/MildredPierce.jpg

After viewing Blade Runner, my hopes for finding a film noir styled movie were a bit low. However, after watching Mildred Pierce, my hopes were brought up once again. I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was a great example of film noir and it really kept my attention.

My favorite part about this film was the suspense and twists. I guess I was really impressed with the “evilness” of the movie. The ‘bad’ guy in the movie wasn’t a guy at all, which also surprised and impressed me. I thought this movie was fairly intense for it’s time as well. The idea of a woman convicted of murder and wrapped up in so much evil even today can sometimes be a little shocking.

In all, this movie really impressed me and I would suggest this movie to anyone interested in film noir. My only disappointment would have to be that there was no use of fog or smoke (other than cigarettes) which I feel are usually typical in movies considered to be film noir. (Obviously I really love the fog-effect)

No comments: